Who are we?
Stafl Systems was founded with the goal of enabling a new generation of electric vehicles to take shape. To that end, we are designing a new lithium ion battery pack from the ground up for use in high-performance automotive and aerospace applications. We build the things we design ourselves and manufacture in-house, in California. We are a growing team of experienced engineers.
Who are you?
You are a builder. You must be genuinely passionate about electric vehicles and power systems. You must want to work in a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial company. We are building real products. This must excite you. You will be enabled, and expected, to innovate, create and have a substantial impact on the product and the company. You’ll work alongside accomplished engineers on perhaps the most important technologies being developed today.
Mechanical Test Engineers at Stafl Systems are responsible for measuring the performance of the products we make at Stafl Systems. Mechanical test engineers own the testing process from beginning to end: setting test specs and parameters, designing test fixtures and equipment, running tests, qualifying products and managing field failures. Test engineers also manage the execution of testing at outside labs.
• Know the relevant test standards and methods for certification of Lithium batteries and devise qualification tests for requirements outside the standards.
• As part of a team, design and implement test regimens to ensure field success of Stafl Systems products.
• Produce CAD and 2D drawings of fixtures and test equipment.
• Manage vendors and internal creation of test equipment.
• Run tests as designed.
• Create detailed reports and analysis of test results.
• Continuously improve production, engineering, quality management and business processes.
• Anything else needed to get the job done.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Hands-on experience building mechanical devices.
• Proficiency at CAD (Solidworks preferred).
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Knowledge of certification testing for Lithium Ion batteries
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems.
• Experience designing fixtures and test equipment.
• Experience with Design of Experiments.
Please respond with CV and portfolio (slide deck or link to a website, listing past projects).
Stafl Systems, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.